Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wookies, Camping and Relaxation



Otter Creek State Park
Our 3rd Camping trip of 2015

Imagine my surprise as we settled in for the night in our brand new tent to hear a lowing that surprisingly sounded like Wookies from a Star Wars movie. Ralph whispered, "I hear Bigfoot." I answered, "Cows, though they do sound like Chewbacca, the Wookie, not my dog.


It was slightly noisy, but not enough to keep us awake, though every time the dog or  Ralph had to use the bathroom, I awakened. The morning arrived cool and breezy, so we stayed in our cozy sleeping bag for awhile. When we did emerge, we walked the dogs, before Ralph cooked breakfast.

I like camping, because Ralph does all the cooking, though I helped by prepping veggies and making potato salad before we left. If you know me, you know that I dislike cooking, though I do it at home if I want to eat on my schedule and not Ralph's.



Rain sprinkled us on and off all day, but it was the wind that was the most annoying. It kept pulling up the tent stakes and blowing the back of the tent down. Other than these small disturbances it was a lovely day.

We return to reality tomorrow, but hopefully the peacefulness and relaxation will remain with us until our next trip. I am hoping that we camp in the Grand Canyon when my sister visits. However, whether we can or not then, Ralph and I have two more camping trips this year.

No comments: