Monday, January 5, 2009

Burn Out

I haven't been writing much since completing half of my 50,000 words of Full Moon in November. I couldn't get back into the swing of things. I didn't even critique for the Flashxrs yahoo group much.

Finally, thanks to Mike S. and the Writers and Poets on Painters Challenge, I am back. I wrote my story for the painting that seemed to me had a story to tell. Of course, I picked a dark and ominous one. Perfect for my newest vampire flash fiction story.

Today I wrote a piece for Sunday's Flashxr prompt and a Haiku for a challenge by Kim S. on ycitywriters.com.

Here is my Haiku... please keep in mind that I don't have a poets heart.

Mother and Child

Happily child runs.
Child trips and falls down crying.
Safe in mother's bosom.

by Rita L. Smith

2 comments:

Agent HCL said...

that was truely nicely expressed

Anonymous said...

adverbs are best avoided in fiction and in poetry, particularly the common ones