Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinquain and Acrostic Poetry

While looking for prompts, I found this type of poem, Cinquain.

A Cinquain has a specific word count.
  1. One word
  2. Two words
  3. Three words
  4. Four words
  5. One word

This seemed easy to me so I thought I'd give it a try. Let me know what you think.

  • Mom
  • Wise, beautiful
  • creative, understanding, caring
  • Loves being a parent.
  • Mother

I used the bullets so that it wouldn't double space between each line.

Acrostic Poetry is a poem when the first letter of each line spells a word.

Kenny

Kind, caring, generous of heart.

Enthusiastic lover and husband

Naturally mechanically inclined.

Nutty word play witticisms.

Young at heart and spirit.

Let me know what you think of these types of poems or my poetry. Or maybe you just want to post your own poem here. Feel free to leave it in the comment section. -Rita

No comments: