Sunday, July 19, 2015

Who's Perfect?


I wish I could say I was perfect. I am not, no one is. I have doubts and self-esteem issues the same as many other people. I speak without thinking.  Even when I think about things, I often phrase things wrong or cannot come up with words that won't wound. My mother always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." But all that goes out the window when strong emotions are involved.

My emotions get involved mostly when I am defending people. (Not necessarily people I know.) If you say something that could cause others harm even indirectly, I will defend. 

I am working on my part... I need to learn how to word things so as not to bring pain to others. At least I recognize this and since I do I can work on it. If I say something that hurts you, because you said something that hurts others, it is still wrong, even if it gets my point across. I apologize to my friend that I did this. 

 We should all strive to be the best we can be. We should try to become the person we want in our personal, as well as professional lives. We should love with our whole heart, laugh frequently and live life to the fullest. (I am full of cliches.) 

Loving others differences and accepting them is my goal. It is brave to be yourself! I am me flawed me, but I know the areas that need work. Usually, I identify some of them through others when I recognize traits that bother me in them that I have as well. I can change me, but I cannot change others.

Love, Peace and Light!
Rita

No comments: