Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cherish Life


Ralph and I had a date night last night. We went to an outdoor play. It's the little moments together with the ones you love that keep us going, or it does me. This meadow surrounded by mountains is an ideal setting for a play. Once the sun goes down the play takes center stage.


Before the sun goes down the scenery is the star. If you are lucky, you might see the wild burros grazing in the pasture. Or if you are really lucky you might see wild horses. (I haven't been so lucky to see the horses.)


Whatever you do take time to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment. Enjoy the person or people you are with. Let go of all the stress and worries and frustrations that you have experienced throughout the day. Be fully present in the moment. 

I know this is not always the easiest thing to do for some of us. I am trying to take a page out of Ralph's book. He enjoys almost everything he does. He rarely complains. He is easy going. And when he puts his phone down, he is fully present in the moment. (As you can see, I had my phone in my hand.) 

If you are going to have the phone in your hand take pictures to preserve the moment, so you can look back at those times when things are tougher. Memories are awesome and you do not need a camera to make them, so relish every thing you do with the one(s) you love.


No comments: