Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Excuses



I haven't been writing.

Now, I could list a bunch of reasons why I am not, but there is one prevailing reason that sticks out like a sore thumb. That reason is that I have not put my butt in chair with my fingers to the keyboard. Maybe ifI forced myself to go through the motions of writing I would write.

So I have decided to write on my blog. This has always been a good place to start the day when I was writing. It gets the juices flowing. I am going to begin contributing to my blog on a regular basis. I wish I could say that I will blog daily, but that isn't realistic. I am going to commit to blogging once a week. It could be more, but hopefully not less unless I am on vacation.

What excuses do you have for not writing? Mine begins with the death of my husband in 2012, my characters are quiet --> writers block, but the main thing is still that I do not make myself go through the motions.

I need you to keep me honest, so if I do not blog every week, please call me on it!

~Rita

No comments: