Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beginnings

It's been hard these past six months... My husband, my love, died from Leukemia. It was a shock, because he'd been feeling good. I have been grieving and keeping myself extremely busy... Writing is not something that has been easy for me, but with the help of my friends, I have been dabbling here and there.

I stepped out of my comfort zone to begin taking art lessons. And now my studio in the Masonic Temple in Zanesville displays art work by me, along with my photographs and books. I keep on trying new things, you never know when you might find something you love.  There is less time to dwell on the negatives in my life.

Lately, I have been happy. I have been chatting with an old friend from my high school days.  He is one of the sweetest men I know, and I am proud to be his friend.  In Junior High and High School, I had a secret crush on him. It seems that my sister knew, though I never told anyone back then. So, now we are talking and flirting long distance. Yes, he still lives in Vegas, while my family transplanted me to Ohio at the end of my Sophomore year.  He will be visiting me soon and I feel like a giddy school girl. It's a pleasant feeling to have.

Experience has taught me to take one day at a time, because everything can and will change. The only person that I have control over is me. I may be head over heals most of the time lately, but I am trying to be realistic too. Prayer and meditation will help balance me and hopefully common sense will prevent a broken heart.

I don't know what the future holds, but I am going to have fun finding out!

Love, Peace, and Light to you all!

Rita

No comments: