Saturday, July 23, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend

Just taking a few minutes to say how saddened I am by the imminent demise of Borders. Zanesville's only bookstore is Waldenbooks and sadly that is owned by Borders.

As a reader, who is drawn into bookstores by some unseen magnetic force, my heart is breaking. As a writer, I find it a little scary. I know that my two collections of flash fiction are only being sold on Amazon or through myself, but I had high hopes of my novel hitting the shelves of bookstores.

I guess, I'll have to go to Columbus and visit Barnes & Nobles, instead. Or shop online. But there is nothing like having a bookstore right in your own town.

1 comment:

Lilac Wolf (Angie or Angela) said...

when I dealt with Borders online it wasn't fun. I'm sorry to hear it, but I think they made the poor decisions that brought them to this point. They aren't gone just yet, maybe they'll even make a comeback. And if your Walden closes, maybe someone will open a private bookstore. Wouldn't that be such a cool business???