Monday, May 2, 2011

Throwing Down the Gauntlet

Sarah Hoyt, According to Hoyt, has issued a challenge to all writers... "Anyone who writes ten or more stories over the next six months (but you should aim for twenty!) Will get a super-hero ducky from me."

Do you think you can do it? I think you can. I am going to pick up the gauntlet and try... After all, I need an outlet for all the ideas that have been bogging down my mind while I have been working on John Dunham's Diary.

So, I am primed and ready to go. I already started one from a dream I had Saturday night! Yes, dare I say it, I dreamt about a werecat, though I am not sure about the species of my hero. I think the story is a romance, but only time will tell or is that the pen will tell.

I hope some of you join me in this challenge. I will try to keep you abreast of my progress. I still need to write my "Destination Ohio" for the Y-City Writers Anthology and "The Sign in the Window" Y-City Writers Conference Contest entry. Oh, I shouldn't forget the "Theme is Poetry Contest" by the Crooksville Art Council. So, there are some ideas. Also, Kim offers some great prompts on the Y-City Writers of Zanesville Ohio facebook page.

There I hope I have inspired you to write as Sarah has done for me.

2 comments:

Diandra said...

Thanks for sharing, I may give it a try... ^^

My crazy life said...

That is great Diandra! Good luck. I wrote my first on yesterday!