Friday, November 12, 2010

Nano-ing

I am trying to write a novel in a month. Well, a short novel at 50,000 words. It has been challenging.

Before November 1, so many story ideas were filling my head. I finally settled on my original idea... That is to write a follow-up or in this case a prequel to Twilight Dance, the novel I wrote last year.

It is going more smoothly than I thought it would. I am up to 20,000 words and the story is still flowing. I wish that I could say that I have a secret formula, but I don't. I think attending the write-ins have helped so much in that I have plenty of support from others trying to do the same thing.

The important thing to keep in mind whether you win or lose (don't achieve the 50,000 word goal) is that you are writing everyday. What a good habit to get into!

No comments: