Sunday, August 17, 2008

In Rembrance of Sianna Johnson

While I was updating links on the Y-City Writers web site, I came across some bad news at the NEORWA web site. A friend, whom I had just met this past spring at the Cleveland Rocks Romance Writers Conference, had passed away.

Siana Johnson sat at the same table as my niece and I. She was a small, quiet person. Don't get me wrong, she talked and we all listened. All I mean is that she was soft-spoken and had an unassuming way about her. She was working on a science fiction romance and we talked about the Hunters For Hire Continuity Series that Ellora's Cave was publishing. We sent emails back and forth a couple of times about this subject. She was trying to help me find a chapter of RWA around here.

Anyway, Siana will be missed. Even though I didn't know her for long, I thought of her as a friend. -Rita

No comments: