Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Dad. Enjoy your special day!

I just finished reading Jayne Ann Krentz's newest Arcane Society Novel, Sizzle and Burn. If you enjoy paranormal stories with romance thrown into the mix this may be the series for you. Jayne Ann Krentz keeps the action going with two story lines...The psychics in this story can read the past through objects they touch. One of them gets visions and the other auditory hallucinations. When Raine and Zack meet there are fireworks. Ms. Krentz writes under the psuedonyms Amanda Quick for historical romance and Jayne Castle for futuristic romances. The Arcane Society novels can be found under all three of her psuedonyms.

I, also, just finished J.A. Jance's Hand of Evil. This is the third Ali Reynolds story. Hand of Evil is a suspensful thriller. Just when you think you have all the answers you learn the truth. Ali is a displaced T.V. Reporter who is let go due to her age... In Hand of Evil she is still struggling with that and the death and betrayal of her husband. That doesn't stop her from jumping in to help a friend, an acquaintance and her family.

I have come to a standstill on my H4H story, but I have been writing.

I began a story based on my Friday the 13th prompt. It seems to be turning into a longer story. I only intended to write a piece of Flash, but one must go where the muse takes me.

I have written a couple of pieces of Flash for the FlashXrs. I am looking forward to today's prompt. These exercise are good for learning the value of less is more in writing. The economy of conveying your story in under 1000 words is worth the exercises.

Enjoy your day and keep on writing. -Rita

No comments: