Thursday, May 8, 2008

Flags


Irises by any other name are still beautiful. This is a vintage iris that I picked up outside of Cleveland about six years ago.

I have been having a bad couple of days. Yesterday, I began my day with a migraine. Even after medication and more sleep, I remained groggy all day. Today, I am plagued by vertigo. Actually, it the Meniere's Disease rearing it's ugly head. It's all the same though. I am tipsy and nauseous. I think, I should at least have gotten drunk to feel like this. Ugh! Enough of my complaining.

I have been re-visiting some of my short stories and flash fiction stories to fix them up. Trying to find markets for them. So, though the head is to annoying to focus on writing, I have continued in pursuit of my dream. My dream is to see my work in print.

At the Write-on Writer's Conference, we discussed electronic publishing. I fear that in the near future we won't be seeing so many print books. That saddens me. I love the smell of books both new and old. Each have their own unique presence. I love the feel of the covers, especially on the old ones. I love turning the pages of a new story. I hope that this new phase of e-books doesn't replace all print books for a very long time.

Now, I am not saying there is no merit in electronic publishing. I have purchased some e-books. They are nice for quick gratification. I, also, enjoy many of the sites online that publish stories to read for free. As my friend would say, free is good. -Rita

No comments: