Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Distractions

There are too many distractions at my house. Nine of them to be exact: Four dogs, four cats and one husband. Wait there is more, the television, housework (though frankly I could ignore this) and food. I am sure you get the picture. I am going to get out of the house once a week and go somewhere to write. How do you get rid of your distractions?

Also, this time can be used for observing people. Jotting down their descriptions, quirky mannerisms, voice patterns, etc. I have been trying to get a handle on character development and I think this may help.

I have posted on finding inspiration on Writer's Quest at http://zanesvillewriter.blogspot.com/
This is something else this time away from home can be used for.

As always, write something daily. Whether, you are blogging, writing a letter, a story or poetry; just write!

No comments: