Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I have to admit it, I am an American Idol junkie. I can't seem to get away from it. I love the show. I, even, like Simon Cowell. Maybe, because I am brutally honest like him. He cracks me up. I love it when he is being harsh with the contestants, his co-judges or Ryan.

Maybe, I like the show because I always dreamed of being famous. When I was a kid, so many years ago, I would stand in front of my mirror with a hair brush for a microphone and sing my little heart out. I, even, taped myself over and over until I got it right.

However, I would never have been stupid enough to audition for a show like American Idol. Even with my delusions of grandeur, I know I am not that good. I can't believe all those people who try out thinking they are good singers. Why did no one in their entire life tell them they were bad? My family, and they love me, told me I was not good. I can carry a tune some of the time, but mostly I would need a lot of editing to make a tape sound good enough even to my own ear.

Still, I enjoy watching the show, even the auditions.

No comments: