Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BREAKING THROUGH DEPRESSION


As many of you know I have been in a depression.  It has been difficult for me to push away the dark clouds that have been buffering my senses.  Actually, I call it a fog, but dark clouds works, too!

I have been unable to write.  My muse (voices/characters) are silent.  And to top it all off, I really don't care that I am not writing.

I am of the mind that if I can write, I might be able to break free of the depression.  So, I decided to write about depression.  I have written a couple of unsuccessful attempts at poetry.  Finally, after advice from a writer/poet friend to use imagery, I was able to capture my feelings on paper (or as in my case on the screen).



DEPRESSION
by Rita L. Smith

Like a vampire
You suck the life out of me.
Like a vampire
You take away the sun and bring only darkness.
Like a vampire
You left me drained, devoid of life.
Like vampire
You will not release me to a new and better life
Like a vampire
I strike you through the heart,
And now I am free again.




No comments: