Saturday, December 3, 2011

T.G.I.O. /Do you want to do it again?

As most of you know November was National Novel Writing Month, where millions of writers took up the gauntlet to write 50,000 words in one month.  Many succeeded, some even surpassed that goal.  I managed to eke out the last 5000 words of my story on November 30.

It has been a trying month for me.  My husband has been really ill and now they are trying to stop the progression of the disease, so tons of hospital and doctor visits are in our future.  Still, I reached my goal.  The story is not completed and Essie is screaming at me to put my fingers to the keyboard once again, so she can finish telling her story.

The question is-- Do I want to do it again?
The answer is-- Yes, with a big fat yes.

Many people I know have expressed an interest in doing a writing event in January.  This is usually a good month to stay at home.  So, January will be a good month to write another novel or to finish novels in progress. Anyone game for 31 days of writing?

In the meantime, I will continue writing and scheduling write-ins.  I may have to work around an ever changing schedule of doctors appointments and hospital visits.  Through out this time, I will carry my little pink computer and my Kindle Fire, so I can write while I wait for my husbands chemo sessions or blood transfusion to finish (a couple of hours of each.)

So, let's keep writing!  And if you want to try 31 days of writing, please contact me.  We won't have anything fancy, but we'll have a facebook page to post our daily word counts.  If I were more of a computer geek, I'd create the graphs and word count like the fabulous staff of NaNoWriMo.

For those of you, who don't want to participate in another month of writing like demons, I'll see you next year for NaNoWriMo, where I hope to continue to be Zanesville's Municipal Liaison.

Good Writing!

Rita

No comments: