Thursday, August 25, 2011

Double Dexter - A Review


So, I received a galley of Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay from the publisher. To receive yours write to doubledaypub@yahoo.com. I really love free books. Or you can pre-order it at your local bookstore or Amazon.

All they wanted in return is some information on how I liked it. Oh, your name, address and website or blog.

I am not going to spoil the book for anyone. All I will say is that in Double Dexter, Dexter has a stalker, whom he needs to find before he is out-Dextered.

So, you wonder, how did I like it? After getting past the opening... It started with a weather report, which took up two pages of the story and seemed to go on forever... (I understand that Mr. Lindsay was trying to convey what Dexter was feeling at that moment by comparing him to the weather, but it really was too much. Something that I have heard in writing circles is to never begin a story with a weather report! Reminding me of the often repeated line... "It was a dark and stormy night" by Victorian novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton at the beginning of his 1830 novel Paul Clifford.)

The rest of the book moved along at a faster pace. Mr. Lindsay dropping enough clues to the readers to allow us, or at the very least me, to figure out what Dexter didn't until the very end. All in all it was an enjoyable read! -That is if you like serial killers...

2 comments:

Lilac Wolf (Angie or Angela) said...

Oh I am so writing them to request this. Thanks for sharing the information.

My crazy life said...

I hope you get your copy. I love free stuff.