I have been working on some shorter pieces, I don't think I'll ever be able to give it totally up. I just have been able to write so many.
So, how does one overcome writers block?
1. Change of scenery - if your usual writing spot isn't helping you write go somewhere else. (Some people take a walk, sit in coffee shops/malls/restaurants and listen to conversations.)
2. Brain Storming or outlining (I am a pantser so outlining is difficult for me, but I have done it on my first novel attempt which I was able to complete.)
3. Carry a notebook and pen with you so you can jot down ideas as they come to you. (I have a small one that fits in my purse.) Some might benefit from having a tape recorder, especially when you are driving.
4. Begin writing anything. This may help break loose those writing thoughts.
5. Write everyday! They say to implement a schedule, but sometimes just the process of writing everyday is helpful.
6. Try writing exercises.
7. Make deadlines and keep them.