Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perceptions


I write supernatural fiction... Should I dress in costume? Or should I change my wardrobe for events? Or should I dress in what looks good on me?



So far I have maintained my identity by dressing as me. I think that if I suddenly began dressing Goth, my readers (few though they are) will know it's affected. Though I love the Goth look, I don't think it's right for me. My niece is willing to help me get "the" look and still maintain my identity.



In the meantime, I love to wear my hooded argyle sweater, pearl earrings and vampire fang necklace. Paulette Forshey, who writes steamy vampire fiction, made the necklace. Elizabeth, my niece won a basket with an equally cool vampire necklace by the multi-talented Paulette.



I will continue to ponder this question. In the end I need to be comfortable with what ever I choose.

No comments: