So how do you begin this marketing? Simple use your computer. It's low cost and most of the time it's free.
Make your presence known.
- One of the easiest ways to do this is to blog. There are many free blog sites. I am particularly fond of this one.
- Read others blogs and leave comments with your name and a way for others to find you. No more anonymous posts.
- Facebook and Twitter offer a new way of getting your name and work out there. My facebook fan page is Vampires, Shapeshifters and Witches... My Twitter account is @VampiresFriends. See thetiniesttiger on facebook and twitter. Joanne has garnered some amazing followers of her cat, Gracey. They have been responsible for her setting up a fund for animals.
- Leave book reviews on Amazon.com. Again make sure you leave a way for people to find you.
- Your website may be your most important tool. This will allow others to find out about you and your work.
- There are other helpful sites that will make your presence on the web known. Linked In, Mail Chimp, Google.
All of the above are things you can do before your book comes out. When Joanne finished The Tiniest Tiger she emailed Jack Hannah asking for an endorsement. After reading her ms (manuscript) he gave it. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. The worst thing that will happen is that you are told no. Let's face it, we're writers and we're used to people telling us no!