Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Writers Groups

When I first began this blog, I was looking for a local writing group. I couldn't find them in the paper or on the web. I finally asked at the Muskingum County Library and they led me to the Y-City Writers' Forum.

I was made to feel welcome at my first meeting, which kept me coming back. I am still a member and co-chair the Y-City Writers' Conference. I have been developing as a writer due to feedback I get from this wonderful group. They meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 6:30p.m. at Central Presbyterian Church, 40 N. 6th St. in Zanesville. Free and Open to writers of any level.

This past summer I learned of another writing group out of Crooksville called Pen & Quill. I attend this group as well. This group has introduced me to the joys of community theater, as well. They meet on the third Wed. of every month, at 7:00 p.m., at 266 E. Main Street in Crooksville. Free and Open to writers of any level.

One of the Y-City Writers' and Co-Chair of the Y-City Writers' Conference has began her own writers group, Write Away Writers. They meet the 2nd Thursday of every month, at 6:30 p.m. at BUTTERNUT FARMS RETREAT & EDUCATIONAL CENTER, 16563 Laurell Hill Rd. in Glenford. Free and Open to writers of any level.

So now there are three area writing groups in my little section of Ohio. We have so many writers in the area that I am not surprised. So if you are a writer living near any of these areas feel free to attend one of the meetings. I promise we won't bite...

No comments: