Saturday, January 3, 2009

Poets and Writers on Painters...

Last night I participated in the preliminary stage of becoming part of the 1st Friday Art Walks in Zanesville with other from the Y-City Writers and Pen and Quill Writing Groups. We went through the Paul Emory Art Gallery in downtown Zanesville and chose one of the pieces of art to write about. Next month we will gather back at the gallery to read our work.

I am excited about getting more people to hear our stories and poetry. That is what this writing biz is all about. I look forward to many more of these types of events.

We browsed a couple of other galleries and I found a small painting that appealed to me and bought it by a fabulous painter, Kathy Jenkins.

This morning I wrote my story for February's Art Walk. I hope that I will be able to find a great piece to write about next month as well.

Happy New Year to All!!!

1 comment:

Agent HCL said...

that was something cool you did i guess so for an writer it is something cool .....
and thanks for commenting mam i hope i'll learn alot from you...