Thursday, November 13, 2008

Putting Yourself Out There

One thing that I found strange and thrilling is how many strangers recognized me at the Y-City Writers Conference this past Saturday. I am not used to being recognized. However, that is one of the upsides to posting my picture on my blogs and the Y-City Writers Forum Websites.

There are a couple of problems with the picture I use on this blog:
  1. It is several years old.
  2. I am not that thin, anymore.
  3. I am in my robe.

The other pics I use are self potraits and recent, so they look like me. I am thinking about having a professional picture done to post. I know the one I use for this page is not professional at all, but I kind of like it.

One of the speakers at our conference said she is going to have to take her childrens pictures off her blog. That is definitely a downside to becoming recognized, so do your children. No one wants to draw unwanted attention to their children.

I didn't recognize this same author from her picture, because it was an older picture and she had changed slightly in appearance. So, keep in mind that you should update your photos when your appearance changes. (For me it is my weight, which I am working on. Though my hairstyles change frequently as well, if I keep with my basic straight hair my appearance doesn't change much. That's just something for me to keep in mind when wanting that perm.)

No comments: