It is amazing what one can accomplish when on a schedule. This month has been a little tight with the conference at the begining of the month and me being sick this past weekend, but I am making progress and I am further than I have ever gotten on any of my other starts and I see an end in site.
I am behind where I would like to be. I have 21,000 words thus far, I had wanted to be at about 30,000 by now.
I have been writing everyday on the same story and that is a first for me. I know I'll have alot of revisions to make when I reach my 50,000 word goal, but it is a good start. I will finish Full Moon even if I am still completing it next month.
I am taking to heart some of what I learned at the conference. I am making a schedule and sticking to it. Okay, so maybe it's not as rigid as some, but for me it is a beginning.
Here is how I have my day scheduled.
- Let dogs in and out, while eating breakfast and checking emails.
- Write for 2 hours on my novel.
- Critique and write flash fiction.
- Relax- do something I enjoy like read or watch t.v.
- Take nap. I need to nap most days, because of migraines. It is preventative and refreshing.
- Blog or work on www.ycitywriters.com website.
- Spend time with hubby.
- Rehearsal or writers groups. (Rehearsal will be over the first week of December.)
- Watch t.v.
- Go to bed.
This schedule is flexible and I am able to schedule in appointments and such as I need them. The only thing that has been changing much is that I get up and work on my novel most days.
I hope this helps you. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to respond.
Your assignment for today. Create a definition for the word verification nonsense word in the comment box and write a sentence using it.