Monday, October 13, 2008

Self-Portrait
Here is a picture of me. I have been play with my digital camera, trying out different settings and still I am holding the camera.

Soon, I will drag out the tri-pod to try it out with the camera. I am a little too shaky at times.

I have been writing bio after bio of myself as I submit stories to various magazines, ezines and anthologies. After combing through scores of other authors bios, I am finally putting together a bio brief that works for me.

I am borrowing some words from a dear lady from writers group, whose characters all live in a small river town. After all, we too, live in a small river town. Albeit, we have two rivers running through Zanesville. Hence the need for the Y-Bridge. But I digress.

My bio is brief, especially when submitting it with Flash Fiction. I wouldn't want it to be longer than the story and somehow I think the magazines might frown on that.

Here is what I have come up with to date, though it might change tomorrow...

Rita lives in a small river town with her husband and 8 furry children. She has been writing most of her life. Recently, she has discovered flash fiction, which allows the story ideas vying for entry into the world out, so she can now concentrate on her novels. Rita's stories have been published in The Chick Lit Review, The Short Humor Site and Micro-Horror. You can learn more about her at http://findthatperfectending.blogspot.com.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Anyway, along with the self-portrait and the short biography of myself, I have been learning about myself.

No comments: