Saturday, August 9, 2008

Book Review: Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkhard

Title: Before the Season Ends
Author: Linore Rose Burkhard
Genre: Christian Regency Romance

Before the Season Ends is a delightful story in the fashion of Jane Austen. The story engrossed me so that I couldn't put the book down. I loved the historical attention to detail in setting and in characters.

Linore Rose Burkhard is a master at weaving a love story fraught with pit falls, not the least is the main characters refusal to consider anyone who is not Christian. Usually, when I read "Christian" stories the author puts up my hackles by preaching at me. Ms. Burkhard manages to make Christianity so much a part of Ariana's character that I barely notice it. In fact, when I finished reading the story I felt extremely good and in tune with the universe.

I highly recommend Before the Season. If you missed the first run, which was self-published, it is being re-released by Harvest House Publishers in December 2008. I am looking forward to the sequel "The House in Grosvenor Square," coming in 2009.

No comments: