Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Writing Biz

Today was the Open Mic at the Ladybug Coffee Galleries. I went early, because I needed to get some writing and critiquing done. And I did write a piece of Flash Fiction for today's FlashXrs prompt. I, also, critiqued a friends story while I was there. I even managed to eat a delicious blackberry waffle.

We had a fair turnout. I think with the acoustics of the Ladybug we need a mic, but we made ourselves heard. We were joined in our reading by a local poet/musician. As always we encouraged people to come to our meetings.

Before I left, I entered a contest at The Clarity of the Night blogspot site. http://clarityofnight.blogspot.com/2008/07/entry-20.html

I managed to turn in a submission for Shroud Publishing's Northern Lights Anthology. I hope I made the deadline. When I asked last week they said it would be open for another week or so.

If at first you don't succeed try, try again. I am going to keep on writing and submitting my stuff. I will draw on the experience and re-write my stories when advice is given by publishers. -Rita

1 comment:

JR's Thumbprints said...

I don't know so much about rewriting stories at the whim of some editor. I equate this with rearranging your garden after someone's pissed in it. I'm kind of stubborn that way. But I do like the idea of public readings--something about watching the reactions on people's faces.