Saturday, July 26, 2008

Writer Conference

They Y-City Writers' are holding our first writers' conference on November 8, 2008. I have been busy collecting donations.

After my initial obsession with that, I have decide that I need to take time out for my writing. Even if I only write an hour a day. Since this decision, yesterday, I have managed to write a few more pages on my H4H story.

I haven't been neglecting the flashxr prompts, so I have been writing about 3x/week. Now, I have just extended that to working on one of my novels everyday as well.

I have two autographed novels sitting in my house as I write from authors Les Roberts and Lee Child. It is killing me that I can't read these. I guess, I need to go purchase them.

When I saw Les Roberts speak at a Meet the Author event our local library host, he said what I have been saying all along. If you want to write...WRITE! Don't talk about it, just do it.

On that note, I need to prepare myself for the Writers Weekly 24hr. Short Story Contest. Meaning, I have already written a flash fiction piece for the flash Xrs and finished the chapter on Saving Beauty, now I need a shower.

TTFN

No comments: