Saturday, June 7, 2008

Submissions

I have been submitting my flash fiction stories to paying markets. I keep getting shot down, but not because they don't like the stories.

I get, 'I enjoyed reading your story, but we can't use it at this time.'

I have gotten one that told me what I needed to improve the story. I am working on that one now.

Today, the rejection said, 'While the premise of this story is intriguing, it readsmore like a scene than a fully developed tale with character and plotarcs, which is something we do look for even with flash-stories.'

I can work with this one as well. I just need to write more.

Fortunately, I am at a time in my life that I can accept rejection for what it is and not as a rejection of me. I can take criticism. Where as several years ago, I wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I applaud young writers who put themselves out there.

No comments: