Monday, May 12, 2008

Wall Papering the Bathroom

I have been submitting my stories to various magazines and e-zines. It was only a matter of time before I received rejections. In the past few days, I have receive two. Fortunately, they were kind.

One offered some suggestions on making the character more believable. You know, the old show, not tell story. Yes, I need to work on this. The story is written in the first person and I just need to find the characters voice. This editor loved the story, only wants some changes and some more story. I am working on it.

The other editor liked my story, but could not use it at this time.

I will not be broken. I will persevere!

I am still writing and submitting.

I am trying to write a story for my writing groups prompt on displaced maternal instincts. The story is in my head and kind of on paper, well the PC. It just needs work. A lot of work.

The moral of this story is should I start wall papering the bathroom with my rejections? -RS

No comments: