Sunday, May 4, 2008

Last night as I was preparing to leave, the wind began blowing and the sky opened up. Still, I continued on my way. For it was time to read poetry at the Java House. I didn't want to let down my fellow writers from The Y-City Writer's Group.

The room where the Poetry Readings took place filled up quickly. From young to old, we gathered to share our poems and stories. A mere six from our writing group showed up, but no matter, we had over twenty people in attendance for the event. People came and went, making room for others.

It was a nice intimate gathering, perhaps on nicer nights we may be able to take the readings to the beautiful patio area. Yes, we intend to make this a monthly event. I for one cannot wait. I hope that we continue to be as successful as last night.

No comments: