Sunday, April 27, 2008

Success, success, success...

The Write-On Writers Conference was a huge success. It was entertaining and well executed.

Personally, I think the opening speaker, Dandi Daley Mackall should have been the speaker for the whole day. She was interesting and knowledgeable. She has written both fiction and non-fiction, and both children's and adult books. I, also, had her for the Children's Writers Have More Fun for the afternoon session. Also, Dandi went table to table introducing herself and meeting each person individually. If she is shy she didn't show it, though I find most writer's are able to cover up their innate shyness through talking.

When I got home that evening, I still had to write a story for the 24 Hour Short Story Contest, as well as a poem for the Poem a Day Challenge. I was bushed by the end of the night. I turned in before 10 p.m.

I was up early this morning to look over my short story so that I could submit it. It wasn't until after I went to lie back down, that I realized I made a huge error at the end. I will be more careful not to overbook myself next time. -Rita

No comments: