Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Procrastination

I am one of the great procrastinators! It is too bad that I have all these ideas running around in my mind, since it seems that I will never get them on paper.

Don't get me wrong, I do write down my ideas in case I may need them later.

Last night, I was reminded of why it is important to make sure your ideas are your own and not someone elses. I was reading a chapter in the round robin my writers group is doing and the scene seemed so familiar to me. I did let the writer know and she fixed it.

That brings me to the idea that there may be no original ideas anymore. Everything we write may have its origins from an other's work. So, we must strive to make what we write our own no matter where the idea comes from.

Don't forget to check out my story, The Perfect Dress on http://chicklitreview.org/default.aspx

No comments: