Sunday, April 6, 2008

I need to change my lifestyle.

After being hit with several autoimmune diseases, such a Meniere's, Lichen Sclerosis, a couple of types of Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, I had to quit my job. Then a medicine that helped me get control of a three month migraine made me sick. I couldn't eat or move. I had absolutely no energy even after going off this medication. I did, however, regain my appetite. As a result, I went from 145lbs. to over 200lbs.

Now I am losing weight... Boy is it going much slower than when I gained it. I have been exercising with the encouragement of a health coach. But the most significant change has come because of my dogs. They have an unique ability to escape the entrapment's of their chains. Thus causing me to go looking for them.

I live up on a hill, so I run down the hill after my dog. Maybe, even up it again a few times before actually catching said dog and having to go back up the hill once again. Wouldn't you know, the dog won't even drag me back up. If I take Danny or Molly on walks they will drag me, but not when I need them to do so.

Anyway, I have been putting the dogs out two at a time. That leaves one inside, since Dinny is on a sleep over with his boys. So, I have been taking one dog for a walk even if it is only about my yard.-Rita

No comments: