Sunday, April 27, 2008

Coshocton and Back

Yesterday, I went to the Write On Writer's Conference in Coshocton. I enjoyed it immensely. I learned some new stuff, bought some books and had the authors sign them. I met all kinds of interesting people.

Someone from my own group even thanked me for posting on the Y-City Writers web-site. I am sitting here blushing. Someone is thanking me for talking... er writing.

I am going to send another wonderful person some links to different magazines, anthologies, ezines, etc.

I will be posting some of the highlights from the workshop on my other blog Wannabe Writer. http://zanesvillewriter.blogspot.com/

My favorite speaker at the conference was Dandi Daley Mackall. She is an author of many books, ranging from children's block books to adult. She writes both fiction and non-fiction. I could have listened to her all day long, without getting bored.

When I came home, I still had work to do, since I signed up for the 24 hour Short Story Contest. Wouldn't you know, after I sent my story off, I thought of a classic mistake I made at the end of the story. Instead of showing the kindness on the nurses face, I said her kind looking face. I am a bit disappointed in myself, but what is a silly writer to do?

I, also, needed to fulfill my commitment to writing a poem a day challenge.

I did succeed in stuffing everything into one all too brief day.

Man was I exhausted and I slept until noon to show it. Well, that is after getting up to review my story before sending it off to the contest. -Rita

1 comment:

Appalachian Woman said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the conference! I have looked forward to this all year and was definately not disappointed. Last year Ron could not go - so I was excited we could go together. The poetry (formal) workshop was incredable, and I totally agree about Dandi - she was great. I am so glad we had such a good turn out from our group. traci