Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Full Deck

I am always getting new ideas for stories. So much so that I have been jotting down ideas as they come to me. I recently gathered my notes and started stories together into one place. With that in mind, I have been plodding along on Twilight Dance. Though it seems hard sometimes to accomplish five pages a day.

When I can't work on TD, then I have started another story for a series of books that I have recently discovered. Before I even read what the two authors who have published in this series wrote, I was enamored. I started forming my characters in my head before I got the series "bible" to use as my background. All I had to do was look through it to see where my characters could fit in. I had to do a bit of revising, but it is coming along.

I have been writing a series of shorts prompted by Kim from group. If I get enough of these shorts together I will try to have them published.

I have been practicing my poetry. When a get a collection together I will have them bound for my family. I know it is rather presumptuous of me to think that they might want them.

I have entered some contests here and there. I will wait and see how I fair in these.

The moral of this story is to keep on writing.

No comments: