Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cross Your Fingers

I have been entering contests right and left. So, please wish me luck.

I am kind of embarrassed about some of my earlier entries. After re-visiting some of my earlier entries, I now know that I didn't get my point across. They are rather stilted and boring. I have been working on re-writes of some of my earlier works, so maybe if they are needed for another contest they will be worthy of the time.

I bring this up, because there is a lesson to be learned here. Don't enter your first drafts in contests. Always have someone with an impartial eye to go over your work or at least find someone who is brutally honest. Take some time and re-visit your work. Because, we are only human and we make mistakes. What you thought was an award winner may be so only in your own mind. Or in this case, in my mind. -Rita

No comments: