Sunday, July 23, 2006

Today is cool and pretty outside. I much prefer the weather like this, except at 3:00 a.m. when my long hair white cat ran outside when I was bringing my pup back in. My husband and I worked on trying to catch that slippery rascal until about 6:00 a.m. before returning to bed. Each time I was about to drift off to sleep, Lazarus would start meowing to come in, however he would take off when one of us opened the door. Finally, around 10ish, I went outside to sit and read. I guess, Lazarus decided he wanted some attention and jumped from below the porch to where I was sitting on the bench. I helped him up since he chose the spot where the bench blocked the porch railing. I scooped him up and took him inside.

This is not the last of our travails with Lazzie. He decide to sit at the door and meow at the top of his lungs. Lazarus is usually the quietest, most unobtrusive cat in the house. Now he was acting like my old tom cat, Sunny. (Sunny died a couple of years back at the ripe old age of 16) I miss Sunny, but I don't need Lazzie immitating him.

Finally the house is all quiet again and I am going to take a nap.

Rita

No comments: