Saturday, April 1, 2006

Who Am I?

'You ask who I am. Yet when I answer you may find it difficult to believe.'

My name is Rita. I am 42 years old. I have a bachelor's degree in Social Work. I worked in the Mental Health Field for 7 years, before I left to pursue other interests. I am currently attempting to complete my first novel.

I have a wonderful husband, who is my biggest fan. So far, he is my only fan. We have 4 cats and 2 dogs. A tiny house with a huge yard. That brings me to my other favorite thing gardening. I just love planting flowers, especially Roses. I love to watch them grow and enjoy the bringing them inside when they are ready to cut.

I want to form a writer's group here in Zanesville with others who share my goals.

Rules for the group

  1. Have a goal, then be focused and stay focused.
  2. New members don't have to be great writers and certainly don't have to be published. They just have to have the drive to succeed.
  3. Practice, practice, practice. You won't get better if you don't produce words on paper. Write something everyday.
  4. Critique the work, not the writer. Comments should help the writer make the work better.

I borrowed the rules from: The Alternate Historians

No comments: