Sunday, April 23, 2006

The penny is worth more than 1 cent. The headline said it is now worth about 1.4 cents. My first thought was how do I cash in on this.

Of course, I have hoarded pennies for years. Unfortunately, a few years ago I started wrapping them and returning them to the bank. At the time I thought it was smart since I ended up with $300.00 It was nice to have some extra spending money. I ended up buying a love seat and 2 chairs.

Now my dilemma, do I hoard pennies again or do I continue to wrap them? The reason pennies are worth more than their face value is the zinc. Do you think if the price of zinc rises enough, it will be smarter to melt down the pennies and get more than your money's worth.

I don't know if I would take the time myself. Would you? What do you think of the population in general?

No comments: