Friday, April 21, 2006

Interruptions

How many of you are guilty of interrupting others in the middle of a conversation? I'll admit it, I have been guilty of this myself. It is, also, one of my biggest pet peeves.

I find it frustrating trying to hold a conversation on the phone when my spouse decides that this is the best time to hold a conversation either with me or the person I am talking to. And try to listen to both parties.

What should I do? Hang up the phone and talk to my husband or let him talk on the phone. Perhaps, this is the correct thing. So what do you do if the person you are talking to is constantly being interrupted? I try to be patient. I understand if children are involved up to a point.

Except, children need to learn to respect others and not interrupt. Parents need to teach them that this is unacceptable behavior. But, how can we expect children to do this if we don't even respect others ourselves.

I for one am going to try to set a better example. Because if it bugs me and I have admitted to having this faulty behavior then it stands to reason I bug others. And that is totally unacceptable.

No comments: